Sunday, February 19, 2017

My Meow Week in Review--Sick Cats and the Flu

2017-02-01 09.36.56This year has not been kind to me, relatively speaking. My cat Frankie was diagnosed with stomach cancer. We started him on steroids and that worked for a couple of weeks but the cancer has evolved and they are no longer effective. We know we are going to have to let him go soon, probably this week, and it's just devastating.

2017-02-02 11.17.39-1My other cat Shadow also started up with uncontrollable vomiting around this same time...her situation we learned is treatable, but scary. She's doing fine but she has intestinal issues that will be ongoing, unfortunately.

But my son celebrated his 8th birthday last week! I can't believe it. Where does the time go? We took him to a fun center where him and his friends went crazy and many children were lost for certain amounts of time but then found...whew. We have learned to never do that again! Ha ha. We survived. But then I got the flu and was out all last week and only started feeling human again Friday.

So my goals have been hit and miss these last few weeks, between life, cats, and sickness.

I started a bullet journal. I'm enjoying this a lot. It helps me think about my day, even if I hardly got a thing done. It's about keeping a record of my daily life. It's boring but hey. I'll take what I can get.

I'm excited about March. March will be amazing. I just know it!

Books Finished: Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West.

Currently Reading: Good Without God: What a Billion Nonreligious People Do Believe by Greg M. Epstein, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Listening to: This week has been a lot of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History -The Destroyer of Worlds. I also catch up a bit on all-things politics right now: On Point, The Weeds, Slate's Trumpcast, FiveThirtyEight Politics, Code Switch, NPR Politics

My Week in Pictures: OK the fun highlights. I don't take pictures of myself looking miserable. Maybe I should. But it would be weird...I haven't been cooking much either. The last thing I made my son said it was too bland and he didn't like it...so much for homemade mac n'cheese. Le sigh....

2017-02-09 18.34.202017-02-17 19.48.59-1

Looking Forward to: Not being sick. I'm getting a massage next week too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cats! I know how much they mean to you and how much they become parts of our families. I can't believe your little man is eight! I think he was a toddler when I first started following you! hope you get to feeling better soon and come on March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8! How can he be 8?!
    I'm 2 weeks into a sinus infection :( 3 more days on antibiotics. I'd say I'm at about 75%. This winter has been terrible for me getting bad chest colds.
    So sorry about Frankie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.