Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Line Movie Reviews (7)

Secret of the Wings (2012): It was a really cute movie that my son actually enjoyed!

secret wings
Rating: B
Anna Karenina (2012): I have never tackled the book but the movie gave a great synopsis; it was just as expected beautiful, painful, depressing, and one I'll probably never watch again.

anna
Rating: B-


10 Things I Hate About You (1999): When this originally came out, I watched it in the theater at least 10 times that summer when it the dollar theater...funny, smart, and painfully honest :)

10 things
Rating: A


Hot Fuzz (2007): Loved this movie; absolutely hilarious!

hot fuzz
Rating: A-


The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012): The book was better but the ending in the movie was done better.

perks wallflower
Rating: B


There's Something About Mary (1998): I've had my one night stand with Mary and I ain't coming back for more.

something about mary
Rating: C-


The 40-year-old Virgin (2005): Weird movie, but surprisingly tender toward the finish with an amazing musical number at the end!

40
Rating: C+


Star Trek: Insurrection (1998): Dirty politicians extend even into the future, but Data and the rest of the team come to the rescue!

insurrection
Rating: B-


Bridget Jones's Diary (2001): I have heard so much about this one...it was cute but not what all the hype was about, though Hugh Grant and Collin Firth were very excellent :)

bridget
Rating: C+


Star Trek Into Darkness (2013): I laughed and cried even though I knew how it would end...more evil politicians extending into the future and alternate time line mayhem!

into darkness
Rating: A-



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So good, right? I'm a sucker for all of that!

      Delete
  2. I love your one line reviews!! I loved Star Trek Into Darkness as well. My husband and I don't get to movies much these days, but we were there opening weekend. We've both been Star Trek fans since we were children and we really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A fellow Trekkie! Same with my husband and me. Trekkies through and through!

      Delete
  3. Ok, we can still be friends even if you don't like Mary and Bridget (although I was much more into Mark Darcy than Bridget). I want to see and read Perks of Being a Wallflower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.