Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA 2013--Introductions

Armchair BEA is a virtual conference for book bloggers who can't attend all the book stuff in New York City. I've decided to join in this year because I've never done so before and I'm sick (and feeling like doing something to make me happy) and one of my favorite book bloggers is also doing it and has just inspired me :)

Armchair BEA 3
Image by Nina of Nina Reads


The first day started yesterday....but I'm late to the game so here I go. Introductions are in order.

1. Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

I'm a mom of one little boy. I'm a stay-at-home mom for a tiny bit longer until my son gets into school. I have a great husband who keeps me laughing. I love books, wine, making AMFs for my friends, chai tea, dancing in the rain, kick boxing, my family and friends, the Cosmos and science, Earth, myths, pagan rituals, humanistic and feminist philosophy, and TV and movies. So a little bit of everything.

I hope to be the best parent I can be to my son. I hope to leave this Earth a little better than I found it.

I've been blogging for 3 years now! Wow! I got into blogging because it was a way for me to get some thoughts out about what I was reading and watching. I have connected with so many amazing people and ideas that my life has literally been changed for the better and drastically over these last three years.

2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location.

I'm blogging from Eagle Mountain, UT. My city began as housing developments in the local county, which evolved into a city that has had almost as many mayors as it has been around. We have a mean age of 12 in this city, meaning it's mostly made up of young children. But Utah is home to some amazing mountains and I like to get out and hike, hike, hike!

Hiked Bell Canyon this morning! Gorgeous hike :)
Bell Canyon in Sandy, Utah


3. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?

I am currently reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaardner, The Signal and the Noise by Nate Silver, and Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed.

My favorite book so far is Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. This was a beautiful historical fantasy/romance. I will reread this one!

4. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

It's probably cliche but I would have to say Charlotte Bronte. She wrote my favorite book of all-time and I would love to hear anything she had to say on any subject.

5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?

I have been in and out of the book blogging community throughout my three years of blogging. But it's always there to accept me back in when I have the time and ability to be involved.

I have been given books by the author or publisher to review. I have won so many books and swag. I have had authors personally comment on my blog or respond to my emails and thank me for my reviews.

I have been introduced to some amazing books that I would never have known about otherwise.

I have met some incredible people through book blogging. Many who have sent me letters or cards when someone close to me died.

It's an amazing community of which I'm proud to be apart.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to learn more about you! Happy Armchair BEA!

    Freda's intro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utah is so beautiful! I haven't read Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier yet but it sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Freda. Thanks! Happy Armchair to you too!

    @Kim, Utah is beautiful. The mountains are my home. Do read Daughter of the Forest. It's beautiful and you won't be able to put it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bumped into a few Utah bloggers in the last couple of days around the blogosphere. I never realized what a gorgeous place it is! :)

    I hope you're enjoying the ABEA! Have a great week and happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are doing this. After my month of daily blogging in April I am taking May off from blog responsibility.
    I always love your hiking pics.
    One day we'll get out there and I'll give you a holler :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer, Utah is a great place to visit...;)

    @Stacy, I totally understand why you'd take a break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.