Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Line Movie Reviews

1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2009): Lisbeth is one kick-butt, tragic heroine.
Rating: A

2. The Girl Who Played With Fire (2009): Lisbeth seeks revenge and learns more about the great conspiracy.
Rating: A

3. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009): Her friend Mikael helps Lisbeth, who's on trial for murder, discover who the bad guys really are and bring them to justice!
Rating: A

4. Angela's Ashes (1999): Frank McCourt's tragic but inspiring childhood during the Depression, poor, and in Ireland.
Rating: B+

5. Life As We Know It (2010): Heart-wrenching romantic-comedy that made me cry while I knew the final outcome from the previews!
Rating: B+

6. 3:10 to Yuma (2007): Brilliant western with superb acting from Christian Bale and Russell Crowe.
Rating: B+

7. How to Train Your Dragon (2010): Loveable dragons, bad parenting, and action make this a fabulous movie!
Rating: A

5 comments:

  1. I also loved 3:10 to Yuma. I really should consider it for a favorite of mine even though weaterns aren't really my thing.
    I'm adding Life As We Know It to Netflix. Don't care for her so much, but he's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first three movies. I was watching them sitting on the edge of my seat. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the "Girl" movies; the girl that plays Lisbeth does a great job! I have never seen the movie adaptation of Angela's Ashes even though the book is one of my all-time favs; maybe because of that. Too concerned it won't live up to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good picks. although must say definitely read the lisbeth trilogy. so much details in it about her and what makes her tick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.