Thursday, December 10, 2009

TV Thursday

My weekly meme all about TV!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Can I just say that show rocked! I finally purchased the final season a month or so ago and am having so much going through them again. What makes Buffy such a wonderful character? Well, first off she's tough. She can take care of herself physically, yeah! Second, she's not perfect. She's still a teenage girl trying to fit in and make sense of everything, so she needs people emotionally to be there for her and that's where her awesome friends come in. I love how, even though the show is fantasy (with vampires and all), there still is realism thrown in. Not everyone in Sunnydale looks like they're models heading to high school every morning/photo shoots...this is the big problem I have with the new Vampire Diaries TV show on right now. Willow's a nerd, too skinny, average-looking girl. Xander is a hottie who doesn't know it, but he's still average guy in high school. Yeah, the ones not as great-looking are of course the Not main character like Buffy, but hey, it's progress!

My favorite episodes that stand out are the ones where everyone loses the ability to speak and these creepy monster guys go around eating children or something...that one was hilarious and scary all at the same time. Then we have the musical episode in the sixth season! I think Giles was the only one who could actually sing really great...but it was just brilliant and fun at the same time.

What's your favorite vampire show and/or movie? I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, the musical! I LOVED that episode. God, I miss this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the heck out of the movie, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but I never did get into the tv show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though, as you pointed out, everyone is practically perfect on the new show The Vampire Diaries, I am obsessed! The main reason is probably because I have such a giant crush on Ian/Damon but also because there really are no other vampire shows on tv. They cancelled Moonlight (my fave TV show EVER) so I had to turn to the CW for my hunky vampires LOL! I haven't seen every Buffy episode but the ones that I have seen have been really good. I also liked Kindred: The Embraced and try to catch it when they rerun it on SyFy. So yeah I pretty much liked every vampire show that I ever watched LOL!!!!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.