Friday, August 28, 2009

Book Review: The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy by Mary Street

The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy:

Pride and Prejudice retold through the eyes of Mr. Darcy. I love seeing what other authors will do when it comes to Mr. Darcy.

The beginning was a bit slow and Darcy was pretty boring and broodish and arrogant. But by the middle it was starting to get pretty good. I liked hearing his thoughts, but I thought she rushed the book a bit and left out details I would have liked to known. She just gave brief summaries of what he was doing when he wasn't with Elizabeth...so I would've liked to have seen and heard and experienced what he was doing. That's why I really enjoyed the Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman Series by Pamela Aidan.

It was a quick read and fun, overall.

Part of the Everything Austen Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this book. I found myself continuously laughing at Darcy's pompousness. I do agree that it was a bit rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I read Mr. Darcy's Diary a couple of years ago, but haven't read anything else from his point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these Pamela Aidan books. Must add to my Mt. Everest read pile then. Still waiting for Mr. Darcy, Vampyre(spelled like vampire, but you know, cooler), and S&S&Sea Monsters to come out soon.

    I know how you feel with this one. Sometimes it's best to just NOT know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, yeah he was really arrogant and pompous in this book!

    Laura, if you want another perspective on Darcy that's really entertaining I do recommend the Pamela Aidan series!

    Lula, I'm also waiting for Mr. Darcy, Vampyre...I think I'm now tenth on the hold list! And I also cannot wait for S&S&Sea Monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There can never be too many books about Mr. Darcy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Darcy's Diary is the only Pride and Prejudice spin-off that I've read, and I really enjoyed it. I think I will check out some more. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added this to my wish list on Amazon.com! It looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.