Wednesday, December 11, 2019

November-in-Review and December Goals!

This is a very late in-review post but better late than never.

We got snowed out over Thanksgiving! We set up our Christmas decor. I took care of my neighbor's cute kitties. And we got in our annual gingerbread house decorating.

And the annual winter sinus infections and flu goo have hit our family. The goo usually waits until January or February...I'm hoping this means it'll pass us by midwinter... (fingers crossed, knocking on wood)

NovDecCollage

Last Month I...


Read:

12 books: I'm reading a few books for G's Battle of the Books at school...only three more to go this month!
  • A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
  • Dead Voices by Katherine Arden
  • More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
  • Things We Didn't Talk About When I Was a Girl: A Memoir by Jeannie Vanasco
  • Wabi Sabi by Mark Weibstein
  • Survivors of the Holocaust: True Stories of Six Extraordinary Children by Kath Shackleton
  • Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
  • Black Star, Bright Dawn by Scott O'Dell
  • More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
  • Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud, and the Last Trial of Harper Lee by Casey Cep
  • I Am Alfonso Jones by Tony Medina
  • Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
  • Regarding the Fountain: A Tale, in Letters, of Liars and Leaks by Kate Klise


Listened to:

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante on Audible (actually started it in November and finished it just a couple of days ago)

Watched:

TV:

  • Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season Three
  • The Expanse all three seasons to catch up for the new season on Friday!
  • Nailed it! Christmas special
  • Sugar Rush Christmas special

Movies:

Lots of horror from Halloween and holiday shows from Netflix!

source
Tagline: The family just got a little stranger.

Thoughts: The story isn't always consistent but the cast is superb and the summer camp storyline is my favorite!

source
Tagline: Enter a universe where more than one wears the mask.

Thoughts: Beautiful animation and fantastic characters make this a charming addition to the comic.

Source
Tagline: A Gothic folk tale.

Thoughts: It's one of those mind-bending movies where you're not sure what you just watched.

Source
Tagline: In a small town on Christmas Eve, a snowstorm brings together a group of young people.

Thoughts: For cute teen holiday romance, this one hit the spot.

Source
Tagline: This Thanksgiving survival is a blessing.

Thoughts: Super dark but I liked it. One of the better entries into the series.

Source
Tagline: A modern-day romance with a medieval twist.

Thoughts: My suspension of belief was too much. Not my favorite.

Source
Tagline: A romance off the beaten path.

Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this cheesy Rob Lowe movie. I cried and laughed. Just what I needed.

Source
Tagline: Welcome to the jingle.

Thoughts: Charming origin story on Santa Claus. New Christmas classic in our home!

Source
Tagline: Let go of the past.

Thoughts: A more mature storyline for the characters but lacks the charm of the original.


Made:

Pumpkin no-bake cheesecake for Thanksgiving. Oh man, so yummy. I'll be making more of it all season long.

I've been making lots of soups and stews as well cuz tis the season for all things soupy.

Also lots of crochet projects for Christmas which will continue into December!

Reading Goals:

I'll be finishing up quite a few in December for G's Battle of the Books but for some fun I have:

  • A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg
  • Christmas: A Biography by Judith Flanders
  • One Day in December by Josie Silver
  • Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory

Currently listening to:

Letters from an Astrophysicist by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Looking forward to:

December is always full of fun times! We have winter break, the Solstice, Xmas parties, our 16th wedding anniversary, Christmas, and a trip to Boise, Idaho for a week with friends over New Year's. Plus lots of baking and holiday movie watching and reading. My favoritest time of the year.

3 comments:

  1. You have watched lots of Netflix Christmas! I've only seen Klaus and we all loved it too.
    stacybuckeye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.