Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Horror Movie Wednesday: Us

horrormoviewednesdaypic



Director: Jordan Peele
Writer: Jordan Peele
Starring: Lupita Nyong'o, Elizabeth Moss, Winston Duke
Released: March 22, 2019

A smart and horrific look at what we do to each other in the shadows. It's a strong and tragic metaphor for society. Pure terror and I loved it!


Director: Michael Chaves
Writer(s): Mikki Daughtry, Tobias Iaconis
Starring: Linda Cardellini, Raymond Cruz, Patricia Velasquez
Released: April 19, 2019

This is another movie in the Conjuring universe. I didn't realize that til I was watching it...but ok. Not great but not terrible. Better than "Nun." Funny moment, though. I saw it with my sister and there was one big jump scare that got her so good. Her hands flung out and she smacked me in the face and my popcorn fell all over the floor! Totally worth it.

Director: Kevin Kolsch and David Widmyer
Writers: Stephen King (novel), Matt Greenburg (screen story), Jeff Buhler (screenplay)
Starring: Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow
Released: April 5, 2019

I've seen both versions now but I have not read the book so I'm not sure which adaptation is more faithful...but I loved this version so much more. The ending was perfect and creepy. But the first version is still worth a watch but the special effects are very outdated so they take you out of the story a bit. Truly creepy and disturbing!

Director: Luca Guadagnino
Writers: Dario Argento, Daria Nicolodi, David Kajganich
Starring: Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton
Released: November 2, 2018

I saw the original a couple of Halloweens ago. It came out in 1977 so it did feel a bit dated but the score was terrifying and the ending...But this one had a more feminist feel to it. And I really enjoyed the ending a lot more. Both are worth a watch.


Director: Julius Avery
Writers: Billy Ray, Mark L. Smith
Starring: Jovan Adepo, Wyatt Russell, Mathilde Ollivier
Released: November 9, 2018

This was a fun surprise for me. A World War II movie...which is already tragic and horrific and then you throw in zombie experiments...yeah, it all hits the fan. Fun.


1 comment:

  1. I have the latest Pet Sematary on request at my local library! I can't wait to watch. I LOVED the original film and enjoyed the book as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.