Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Spring Into Horror and April Stats


I finished 6 books this month! And 4 were for the Spring Into Horror Readathon from Michelle over at Seasons of Reading. I'll be delving into the second book of The Call this month. I also picked up an India-based mystery book called The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey. So there will indeed be more horror and mystery for me in May. I'm always in the mood for a little horror and mystery this time of year. I didn't get to a few I had planned and I added a couple I wasn't expecting. Such is the nature of reading. But I have a few I definitely plan on reading in September and October.

2019-05-01 13.10.53


The two non-horror I finished were: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (didn't enjoy this one, unfortunately, and skimmed the last half of the book to finish) and How to Live or a Life of Montaigne: In One Question and Twenty Attempts at an Answer by Sarah Bakewell (very enjoyable book on Montaigne and his essays). (I actually started this one a while ago with my friend for our philosophy book club but we finished it and I'm counting it!)

Here were my original ideas and I only ticked off two of them but I added Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz and The Ruin by Dervla McTiernan.



  • The Exorcist by William Peter Beatty
  • Fledgling by Octavia Butler
  • The Call by Peadar O'Guilin
  • The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson
  • The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle
  • The Cutting Season by Attica Locke
  • Bluebird Bluebird by Attica Locke
  • NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
  • 2 comments:

    1. Finishing NOS4A2 is an accomplishment of it's own! That sucker is intense!! Great wrap up! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! I wasn't a huge fan of the book but I persevered! Ha ha!

        Delete

    Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

    Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.