Monday, March 20, 2017

Weeks in Review--Birthday and St. Patrick's Day

Last week DH had his 44th birthday! I set up a big dinner at a local Mexican restaurant that serves amazing drinks. Cuz that's what it's all about when you're turning the big 4-4! I ended up getting sicker that weekend so no posts were put up last week so trying to catch up.

This week I healed up. Did some spring cleaning by giving a ton of stuff to charity and selling a few things online and organizing the pantry.

For St. Patrick's Day I made bangers and mash and soda bread. Then DH and I headed over to a friend's house for some St. Paddy's celebrations with Irish cheese, stew, Jameson, homemade Bailey's, and fun by the fire.

Today is the first day of Spring! Spring Equinox and I plan on celebrating with Kebabs on the grill, homemade Easter bookmarks with the child, and planting seeds and watching them grow inside so we can plant them on May 1st/Beltane.

Books Finished: Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly. It was a very informative book on lives I never knew anything about. Which is just a shame. I think I might have enjoyed reading it rather than listening to it. The stories melded together and I had a hard time remember who was who since I listened to it over the course of a few weeks. I'm looking forward to the movie to bring it all together for me.

Good Without God: What a Billion Nonreligious People Do Believe by Greg M. Epstein. This one has been on my list for a long time and I finally got to it this month. A great resource and history on Humanists throughout time and ways to form communities today.

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ackerman, and Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Listening To: I've been listening to RadioLab this week

Watching: The Golden Girls and PBS Newshour. Also saw Get Out last week and it was a very smart and funny horror movie. I will watch again and look forward to owning it.

My Week in Pictures:


2017-03-06 18.56.42
At the local Aquarium!
2017-03-05 13.48.48

2017-03-12 09.21.07
DH's bday partay!
2017-03-13 19.34.28
DS loves reading with his Shadow
2017-03-16 20.23.25
Scientific experiment to see if he could catch a leprechaun....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.