Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells

2017-01-02 19.13.12John Wayne Cleaver is obsessed with serial killers. Is it because he's a sociopath and has dreams of being one someday? He definitely has sociopathic tendencies and it is really hard for him to feel much empathy but he has rules to keep his 'monster' in check. That is until an actual serial killer pops up in his small town.

I really wanted to like this one. I read Dan Wells' The Partials last year and had a good time. His story was interesting but it was executed badly. The inner psychology of John just didn't ring true. The pacing was a bit clunky. Also the middle took a weird turn and I'm not sure what kind of book he was going for. His world was just a tad confusing. It just wasn't his best work. He did write three sequels so I hope they got better.

Update: I just watched the made-for-tv movie based on this book. It wasn't any better. I was hoping with music and an interesting setting, etc that the story would flow better. Unfortunately, it didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.