Friday, January 2, 2015

Book Vs. Movie, Which One's Better?: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (1)

Image Source
Book:

I really enjoyed the book. It's poignant and smart. I liked it because he switches it up a bit. Green likes to talk about death using teenagers as his mouthpiece. He waxes philosophical and sometimes it can get cheesy and a bit overly dramatic. But in the novel it works. This one is sweet. Usually the books involve straight-laced boy who falls in love with wild girl. He changes it up in this one. It really is a great book.

Movie:

It's seeing the book in 2 hours. It's gut wrenching and beautiful and the acting is great. It does go over to cheesy territory with some of those lines. But they both are fabulous and deserve to be seen.

Overall, I enjoyed both but feel the book was better.

3 comments:

  1. I liked both equally as they got the main message across in the media form they took. But agree that for a little more depth, the book is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard a bad thing about the book or the movie and hope to get to them someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost, finally, picked up this book at Costco the other night. I really should have and then I could watch the movie.Time to read/watch some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.