A Reading Life...hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict, and also inspired by Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...is a meme where we get to talk about other stuff we're doing in our lives along with reading!
It's been another crazy couple of weeks. I've another sinus infection that I'm just barely starting to get over. But we've been having fun hiking and enjoying the first thralls of Spring!
More podcasts :)
- Container Gardening for Dummies by Bill Marken
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (I'll finish this one off for my feminist book club this week)
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers (Another book club pick)
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (This is a big and beautiful book but I'm over halfway through!)
- Big Pharma: How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients by Ben Goldacre (This one is for my skeptic book club)
Looking Forward To:
We have a mini vacation coming up the first weekend in April. We are heading down to Zion's National Park to do some hiking and exploring for a couple of days with friends and their two kids. So excited! I haven't been down there since I was a kid.
The Cosmos reboot with Neil deGrasse Tyson. Caught the first one last week and will enjoy the second one tonight with the family. We also finished up the original Carl Sagan Cosmos a couple of weeks ago. Always amazing.
I made cashew chicken the other night. It was actually pretty good. My devoted husband told me to put it on the permanent list!
I also had a few girlfriends over for some cocktails and chatting this weekend and I made this for them. The Scooby Snack shot.
It was amazing :)
My Utah mountains. We got some fabulous hiking in this weekend!
Our Fun Times:
We hiked the snow Sunday! I had no idea it was still so snow-packed in the mountains. Ha ha! But we were able to get to places you wouldn't normally be able to get to due to the snow. So we got to see the mountains from a whole new perspective. Just a bit sun-kissed but other than that it was a success!