Top 10 Books of 2012 (in no particular order)
- Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Loved it. Pirates and magic and a strong female lead :)
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai. Beautiful poetry and strong and heart-wrenching story. Perfect combo.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. Probably the best novel I've read (audiobook so listened to) all year. Gorgeous.
- Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey Into Manhood and Back Again by Norah Vincent. Fascinating journey to read. Gave me new insights and she's a great writer.
- Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson. Funniest book I read/listened to this year! Awesome.
- Rot and Ruin by Jonathon Maberry. One of the best and most heart-warming zombie stories ever. Love stories that make me sit back and think and ponder about what I just read. Love it!
- Doubt: A History: The Great Doubters and Their Legacy of Innovation from Socrates and Jesus to Thomas Jefferson and Emily Dickinson by Jennifer Hecht. One of the best history books I've ever read. Fascinating look at doubt and dissent throughout history.
- The Many Lives and Secrets Sorrows of Josephine Bonaparte by Sandra Gulland. Great historical fiction about France's crazy revolution and its notorious emperor told through the eyes of his wife. Really great stuff.
- Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. Great discussion of how science is carried out and why and how to spot the bad science. Brilliant.
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I love everything John Green writes and this one is no exception. Heart-warming and funny.
Top 10 Movies of 2012 (in no particular order)
- Blood Diamond (2006): Got rid of all my diamonds and cried myself to sleep...
- Vagina Monologues: Eve Ensler (2002): Funny, poignant, and oh-so needed.
- The Descendents (2011): Wow. So moving. I loved it.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011): Book and movie were fabulous. Such a great human story.
- Beginners (2011): Beautiful story about finding love and living life to its fullest.
- Les Miserables (2012): I sang, I bawled. Gorgeous...meh to Russell Crowe, though.
- The Sessions (2012): Beautiful story on how a disabled man finds love and peace.
- The Avengers (2012): Greatest superhero movie thus far!
- Cabin in the Woods (2011): Joss Whedon and horror and pop culture makes this a winner!
- Saved! (2004): Great comedy on religious intolerance and the importance of doubt and tolerance.
|After Christmas ice cream.|
|We're nerds. Lots of Carl Sagan love in our home :)|
|Meowy Christmas from Wolfy to you.|
May all your goals, wishes, and dreams come true in 2013!