Monday, November 7, 2022

October Updates

 Another month gone! Wow. It looks like I can only manage to get one of these updates out a month. October was busy and fun. We went on vacation for G's fall break up to Angels Camp in California and met up with our friends. We enjoyed relaxing and seeing a few of the natural sites in the area. Big Tree State Park and Mercer Cave. I even hugged a Giant Sequoia. Yep, I'm a tree hugger.

2022-10-15 11.46.40
There were so many deer just hanging around. It was so fun watching them.

2022-10-14 13.29.22

2022-10-14 13.52.42
The cave was so interesting. I enjoy seeing these kinds of places wherever I can.

2022-10-14 13.14.35-1
Waiting around before we could go on the cave tour.

2022-10-15 08.52.53

2022-10-15 09.14.08
One of the Giant Sequoias I hugged that day.

G got really sick the first night on vacation, unfortunately. But he was a big trooper and journeyed on even though he was pretty miserable for the first couple of days. I didn't start getting sick until we were driving home...My son gave me his goo, which turned into a sinus infection that I'm still recovering from. That made the last part of October really hard.

We still managed to get our pumpkins carved, chili and cornbread made for Halloween, and G went off trick-or-treating. We even got out our little portable firepit and lit that up in the early evening and enjoyed some mulled cider and treats with our friends. The weather was perfect on Halloween! 

2022-10-31 18.20.54
G as the Evil Sorcerer and his Steampunk friend

2022-11-01 20.58.49
Not the best pic but I really liked my scary pumpkin face.

2022-11-01 20.58.13
G decided on a kitty and DH went with an alien face. All looked really cool this year!

Book Total for October was 7 books!
I do want to get some reviews up soon! I really liked The Devil in Silver.

Most of my TV viewing in October were holiday baking shows, The Great British Baking Show on Netflix, 101 Scary Movie Moments on Shudder, and The Midnight Club on Netflix.


I caught some pretty good scary movies over the month. Final Destination I finally saw it for the first time! I don't know why I never saw it but it was surprisingly effective...and we have a final boy! Deadstream is a horror-comedy on Shudder that was really well done. It was filmed in locally in Utah. It's an interesting take on the found-footage genre.

I'm still finishing up a couple of horror/mystery books I started in October. Ghost Story by Peter Straub and The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith.

I started Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times by Katherine May, Of Boys and Men: Why the Modern Male Is Struggling, Why It Matters, and What to Do About It by Richard V. Reeves, and Lost & Found by Kathryn Schulz.

We've got no plans to travel for Thanksgiving. We usually head up to my sister's place. I'll do a small meal for my little family either Friday or Saturday. I've got a few projects to get done for Christmas gifts as well this month! It adds up quickly.

And Vote! DH and I voted early. I'll be watching the results Tuesday night....

4 comments:

  1. Great costumes! Hope you're all feeling better now! Happy Movember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We finally are after way too many weeks not feeling that way. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow your kitty & alien pumpkins are really good. It looks like you had a great trip ... between the caves and Giant sequoias. Sorry about all the sickness. Hopefully November is going better. At least the election went better than expected. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had a fun time carving those pumpkins!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.