Thursday, May 9, 2019

Cat Thursday-- Larger Than Life Cats!



Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us (Michelle at True Book Addict) by posting a favorite lolcat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats!

My Modern Net has featured Japanese digital artist, Monokubo, who has created some amazing art featuring larger than life cats, dogs, and other forest animals.

According to the article,

Monokubo was inspired to produce these illustrations after seeing iconic Studio Ghibli films like Princess Mononoke and My Neighbor Totoro which both feature large creatures in their cast. Many of the animals that Monokubo depicts are house cats. “In most cases, I choose the animals that have left an impression in my daily life,” she tells My Modern Met. “I have a cat and he is very cute.”
I definitely want all of these beautiful portraits! My Neighbor Totoro is one of my all-time favorite movies ever!







Check out the article for more details on Monokubo and their other portraits of forest animals!

2 comments:

  1. I want a giant cat! This reminded me of The Chronicles of Prydain, when Ffleuder Flam meets that giant orange cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are amazing! I would love to have one to grace my walls. The last one is my absolute favorite, combining two of my loves: winter and black cats. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.