Monday, April 8, 2019

Week-in-Review: Spring Break!

Well, blogger literally just ate my whole post that I spent 45 minutes on...so here's the shorter version. Gah! I'm so annoyed.

G just had spring break last week so we headed up to Lava Hot Springs, Idaho and relaxed in the hot springs and played in the swimming pool. We ate some great food and had a blast just getting away. We also attended our yearly tradition of the Holi Festival of Colors that Krishna Temple puts on. We always enjoy this time of year.

ColorFestival_collage


LavaHotSprings1_collage


LavaHotSprings2_collage


We got a lot done this weekend. We got our edging for our garden! Every year the landscapers weed whack our plants so we're hoping with edging they'll be less likely to do so.

We're also Konmari Methoding in our house. Just did clothes! Next is books...but I'll probably keep most of them but need to organize the shelves and make sure everything fits.

Love spring and am looking forward to all the flowers and veggies I hope to grow soon!

2019-03-31 11.07.37-1


2019-03-31 11.07.37-1-1


2019-03-31 11.07.37-1-2


I finished off Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe--all about the Troubles. To go along with that book I watched the documentary on Dolours Price I, Dolours. I find it all fascinating and disturbing. It's hard to wrap my head around that period of time.

Watched Chilling Adventures of Sabrina which was fantastic. Started Santa Clarita Diet. I plan on watching Queer Eye too this week. PBS came out with Mrs. Wilson based on Ruth Wilson's grandmother. It's a wild story.

I'm taking part in the Spring Into Horror Readathon and have started The Call by Paedar O'Guill, The Ruin by Dervla McTiernan, and The Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz. I also just started NOS4A2 by Joe Hill on audio! Wowzer, it's creepy. I want to finish this before the AMC series airs this summer.

This week is all about planning out the rest of gardening and working on spring cleaning and organizing. My bestie is also down with her littles and so we'll be spending some quality time together too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.