Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday-- 10 Longest Books I've Read

hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
1. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (1,143 pages). I read this one for fun in high school! HA!

2. It by Stephen King(1,169 pages). This was a slog last summer and early fall but it picked up towards the end!

3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (1,024 pages). I loved this book at the age of 14 and read it multiple times throughout that year. But I have not wanted to reread this one....

4. The Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan (1,011 pages) (his books are huge in the Wheel of Time series; I'll put no more on this list).

5. Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley (896 pages). This is a sequel to Gone With the Wind...yikes; it's terrible. But it was a good bodice ripper! ha!

6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (870 pages).

7. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (756 pages). Oh Twilight series...

8. Joseph Smith: The Making of a Prophet by Dan Vogel (744 pages).

9. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (736 pages)

10. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (736 pages)


4 comments:

  1. I fell in love with GWTW at about age 14 too--I read it multiple times in my teens, then reread it about 10 years ago and while the story and writing are good, I couldn't get over the whitewashing of slavery. I decided it is was really a story about denial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on. I know I would feel the same way. I have not felt the need to reread it.

      Delete
  2. I got half way thru Les Mis and then had to stop reading for a review book and never got back to it. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! That's usually how my reading goes when I start a big chunkster classic!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.