Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Top 10 Tuesday-- Books I Could Re-read Forever!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

This week is your top ten books you could re-read forever! Well, I don't think I have ten so here are at least six that I've re-read multiple times


1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I first read this one when I was a teenager and I try to re-read this one at least every other year. There is always something new I pick up each time. It's a timeless classic for a reason.


2. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. It's one of the best fairy-tale retellings I've ever read. It's also an amazing love story, both with sibling love and romantic love. Gorgeous fantasy.


3. The Varieties of Scientific Experience by Carl Sagan. His eloquence and hope continues to give me hope even longer after he's been gone. I try to get this one in every other year or so or at least one of his books regularly.


4. Persuasion by Jane Austen. My all-time favorite Austen novel. There's something to be said of first loves finding each other again.


5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This one is the classic for a reason. Always a hoot.


6. Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I love the audiobook version. She has many of her friends and family help her narrate and it's hilarious. In dark times, this book is a pick me up.


7. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I've re-read these so many times over the years. I'm now beginning the series with my own son!

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I know I will re-read Jane Austen, especially S&S and P&P. I will also re-read Jane Eyre at some point, and Wuthering Heights. I knew I wouldn't be the only one with Harry Potter on the list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte took part in my teens and early adult years so they will always be apart of my re-reading life! yes to Harry Potter forever!

      Delete
  2. Such a great list! My Harry Potter books are falling apart from reading over and over. I don't read them cover to cover though, just my favourite parts over and over. The perfect mood lifter for me. I really should reread Pride and Prejudice one of these days.

    http://www.tabularasabookblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when the books fall apart from all that reading! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I think anything by the Brontes or Jane Austen & harry potter are all good for re-read.

    I have not read #2, 3 or 6.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane Eyre and all of Austens are the only books I ever reread. I keep books that I think I will reread some day but I'm always afraid to reread them for fear they won't live up to my original impression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read everything on your list at least once except the Carl Sagan. Wasn't Yes, Please marvelous? Prisoner of Azkaban is the only HP I've actually reread, although my kids have read the series multiple times. It's their Austen, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.