Sunday, March 5, 2017

Week in Review: Sick Kid

2017-03-05 07.08.31I don't know how long I can come up with a pithy phrase every week which sums it all up so neatly...but yeah. DS was sick with a fever and sore throat from last Sunday to Wednesday. Well, the fever broke Tuesday...This is has been the Winter from Hades and I mean the sheer idea of spending 6 months down there. Doesn't sound found at all and this winter has not been fun...sick cats, death, and sick humans and add in plenty of days we couldn't leave the house due to bad air.

So March didn't start off with the bang I was hoping for but hey the weather is warming up! And I have tiny yellow crocuses trying to break forth from Mother Earth despite having heaps of snow and freezing temperatures every other day...

Books Finished: I finished To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. An all-time favorite. I haven't read it since high school and it still spoke volumes 20 years later; it seems like history continues to repeat itself. And I can only hope we figure out our sh*t one day soon.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Also another timely book. I read this one a few years ago but it didn't scare me quite like it did this time.

Currently Reading: Good Without God by Greg Epstein, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (with DS)

Listening To: I've been catching up with Hidden Figures on Audible. Very interesting and fascinating information. I'm looking forward to the movie putting more of a human and personal spin into it.

Watching: I saw Logan and it was amazing. It really was a great film and superhero film. I can't wait to see it again. Truly touching.

I'm also watching a lot of Golden Girls on Hulu. It's the only thing that has been keeping me sane during these last few weeks of death and illness.

My Week in Pictures:

2017-03-04 08.59.04-1


DS had a great run doing community basketball. His last game was Saturday and he learned a lot and made some friends, which is what I think team sports should be about.

2017-03-03 16.37.23
2017-03-05 07.05.442017-03-05 07.15.33

My friend came into town this weekend and we painted and ate some great food. She wanted to get her first tattoo so it was great to be there with her! Getting out with friends was much needed this week.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, this winter has been bad for the sickness all around. If I can just keep Gage from getting sick again AND get myself healthy that would be great. Jason's mom just finished her 3rd chemo and they had to put a feeding tube in :( I am ready for spring, sunshine and good health for everyone! TKAM is an all time fave for me too and I should re-read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.