Wednesday, September 14, 2016

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI


I've been so excited to start on all things Horror, whether books, movies, television, etc. So I'm signing up for Stainless Steel Droppings R.I.P. challenge.

There are multiple levels to choose from but I'm on a mission so I'm taking on the:


Read four books of any length that are considered scary or mysterious, etc.



And I'm also going to read watch a lot of horror these next two months. I've come up with a good list from TimeOut.com Top 100 Horror Films. I don't know if I'll watch all of them but there are so many to choose from I shouldn't run out over the next month and a half.

Some possible books on the list:

  • Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. READ!
  • The Ritual by Adam Nevill. READ!
  • The First Days by Rhiannon Frater. 
  • The Ruins by Scott Smith. 
  • Hell House by Richard Mather. 
  • Dead Ringers by Christopher Golden. 
  • Swan Song by Robert McCammon.
  • Texas Gothic by Clement Moore.
  • The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson.
  • Ghost Story by Peter Straub.
  • The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allen Poe.
  • The Pit and the Pendulum by Edgar Allen Poe.
  • The Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft.
  • The Dreams in the Witch-House by H.P. Lovecraft.

Some possible movies on the list:

  • The Devil's Backbone (2001) directed by Guillermo Del Toro.
  • The Omen (1976) directed by Richard Donner. WATCHED!
  • Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil directed by Eli Craig.
  • Let Me In (2010) directed by Matt Reeves. WATCHED!
  • Let the Right One In (2008) directed by Tomas Alfredson.
  • The Blair Witch Project (1999) directed by Daniel Myrick.
  • Don't Breathe (2016) directed by Fede Alvarez.
  • The Babadook (2014) directed by Jennifer Kent.

3 comments:

  1. Time Out's list is a pretty good one. Happy reading and watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been enjoying it all this year! Happy reading and watching to you too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you are all in! I was going to pass on it this year - until I realized that I've already read a book this month that qualifies and I'm in the midst of another one. I think that makes me done with Peril the Second already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.