Monday, May 4, 2015

Living and Reading in Japan (9)

living_reading_japan.collage


This weekly meme has been inspired by Michelle at The True Book Addict and Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...but I wanted to tweak it a bit for myself since I am living in Japan for the next year (2014-2015).

I do these too far and in between. This is my 9th one since being in Japan....Shameful really. I just have a hard time focusing! Ha ha. My life. Hopefully this isn't my last.

Reading:

  1. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
  2. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
  3. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
  4. Space Chronicles by Neil deGrasse Tyson
Finished:
  • All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
  • Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland
Looking Forward To:

School being back in session. I love my dear son but it throws of my daily mojo especially when we're not off adventuring aka hubs off of work and we're vacationing...while he's out of school. We've done a few fun things but it's a whole week and a day...

Making:

I watched Chef with Jon Favreau the other night and it inspired me to make grilled cheese sandwiches with Gabe. Cheese is super duper expensive here in Japan so it was a worthy effort. The cheese was phenomenal. Gabe ate every last crumb and cheese.

I'm also planning on fried rice tonight. Made the perfect white and brown rice combo last night. It's a favorite in our house.

Listening to:

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Quite a journey and I'm really enjoying it. It'll be a long listen, though, at over 27 hours....

Watching:

Nazi Hunters and Death in Paradise. The last episode of Nazi Hunters was on the children of the Aryan breeding program. Thousands of children were kidnapped from surrounding conquered countries like Russia, Ukraine, Poland. Many found out there fathers were high up in the SS and ordered thousands of deaths. It was a powerful and poignant piece.

Things I Did This Week:

Sunset Beach. A beautiful little island a couple hours a way from Hiroshima. We canoed, sunbathed, ate, and enjoyed the ocean.

2015-04-26 12.44.20

2015-04-26 11.16.11-1

2015-04-26 11.34.01
The ramen was hot but he loves it!

2015-04-26 12.23.48-1
Add caption


1 comment:

  1. Your beach trip looks like so much fun! Every time some talks about Chef (and everyone who does likes it), I keep thinking I need to remember to watch it. And then I forget. If I kept movies I want to see in my head the way I do books I want to read, I'd finally get caught up on everything I want to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.