Monday, March 3, 2014

A Reading Life (11)

Image Source

A Reading Life...hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict, and also inspired by Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...is a meme where we get to talk about other stuff we're doing in our lives along with reading!

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I've been working hard on learning some programming and getting my feet wet. And then Gabe, devoted hubby, and I all got sick this week and weekend. So it's been busy and crazy and all that and I haven't gotten much up over the last couple of weeks, which makes me really sad. So I'm glad I found some time and energy for this post!

Listening To:

Stuff Mom Never Told You, a podcast, of course! The last one I listened to was on female firefighters and all the tough stuff they have to put up with for venturing into the field.

Books Finished:

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.

Reading:
  1. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
  2. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
  3. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
  4. Container Gardening For Dummies by Bill Marken (still, but almost done)
  5. A few more here and there as well....

Looking Forward To:

Spring! We also do the Festival of Colors put on by our local Krishna temple. It's a yearly tradition now and we all really enjoy it.

My crocuses are starting to bloom!

upload


I also have a couple of big weekends of programming classes and seminars so there's that this weekend and next :)

Watching:

I wish I were watching the Oscars tonight but I have no TV signal since I live in the boonies and I don't have a strong antenna. And I could find no one to watch it with :(

But I did just buy and finish The Cosmos: A Personal Voyage with Carl Sagan. It came out back in 1980, I think. And it's still relevant and beautiful today. Neil de Grasse Tyson's newly updated version is coming out next week! Can't wait to see that.

Making:

I made some delicious lasagna soup the other day! I also have plans for a new recipe to try out some cashew chicken in the crockpot. That's the one thing I miss about Spring and Summer, the soups.



Grateful For:

Minecraft...sometimes I need a really good babysitter to get things done aka my programming classes and this works perfectly!

Fun Stuff We Did This Week (and last):

Frozen yogurt night!

Frozen yogurt this week. This place even has a fireplace!

2014-02-16 19.25.59.edit

My cat Shadow was in heaven on Gabe's lap :)

2014-02-19 17.51.12

I bought this for Gabe and we both loved it. I love all of his books and this one was another beautiful one.

2014-02-25 12.05.09.edit

With the nice weather we've been having, we've been getting Gabe out and trying out his new birthday bike!

2014-02-26 15.25.33.edit


2014-02-26 15.28.21.edit


2014-02-26 15.49.03.edit

We also headed up on a little hike right by our house earlier this week. It was a gorgeous view. I love my Utah mountains!


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to watch Cosmos on Sunday. It looks like it's going to be very interesting.

    Lasagna soup...looks yummy. And you had to say Cashew Chicken. Now I'm craving Chinese food. haha!

    I finally posted this week. First one in a month. February was a monster for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy and I'm sorry to see that you've been sick again :( I've finally caught my first cold of the year (and it's not so bad so far) but most of last winter was taken up by being sick back to back to back...
    I'll have to look for the book for Gage. Always on the look out for great ones. It's nice to see Gabe on a bike. Just getting Gage to pedal a big wheel is a struggle. He has zero interest. I envision him being a 15 year old just learning to ride on his first bike! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're all feeling better! Lasagna soup sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.