Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Movie Meme- Aches and Pains and Sick in the Head...

Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME
hosted by Molly of The Bumbles Blog.

This week is all about illness, whether it be mental or physical or both.

1. Dying Young (1991): It's been awhile since I've seen this. But I do remember being really sad and enjoying it all at the same time.


2. Sahara (2005): Can Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz find an old Civil War ship and save the world from a horrible disease????


3. Philadelphia (1993): A beautiful performance by Tom Hanks who sues his company for firing him after they find out he has AIDS.


6 comments:

  1. crazy that I've never even heard of that Tom Hanks or that Julia Roberts movie - they both look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought of that Julia Roberts one in ages. Like I said in my post, weepies aren't my thing, but I thought Philadelphia was terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are exactly right - that was a beautiful performance by Hanks. I also was touched by Bandaras' role too. And for once, Denzel wasn't just a hunky love for me - he was in such a restrained role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, how I love Dying Young! A beautiful film :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw dying young for the first time on television the other night. It was sad. I haven't seen the others but they have some great stars in them. thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it that I know I've seen Sahara but don't remember one thing about it?! I've not seen all of Dying Young or Philadelphia. I avoid them if I know they are going to be sad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.