Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hourglass by Claudia Gray

Genre: Young adult, vampire, romance
FTC Disclosure: library
Published: 2010
Pages: 339
Content: PG-13 for violence and mayhem!
Reading Challenges: 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge


This was another great sequel in the Evernight series! And another horrifying cliffhanger!

Bianca and Lucas are on the run after the ransacking and burning of the Evernight Academy. They are stuck with Lucas's Black Cross gang. How do they hide who Bianca really is and what Lucas may be turning into?

Then there is the ever present wraiths trying to reclaim Bianca and Balthazar's insane sister Charity causing mayhem as well!

It's fast-paced with the story moving along smoothly and plenty of fighting and loving in between and a crazy cliffhanger to boot.

I really like this vampire series. I feel it's a cut above the rest and really enjoy Bianca and Lucas's relationship. The author portrays them on more equal footing and relationship that took it's time to grow instead of crazy and debilitating lust that people think is love...no reference to other vampire novels...

Can't wait for the next one!


Rating: 4/5

4 comments:

  1. A vampire story in which the relationship grows over time - what a concept! :-P Now that I've heard that, I'd love to check this out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book in the series though wasn't too interested to go on but by your last paragraph, I really should continue! There are 4 books in the series, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1...I really enjoyed the first one so I continued on...but if you didn't like the first one, I doubt you'll like the rest. It's not a serious for everyone. I'd stick with books you actually want to read! But I think there are four...I hope there aren't more. I hate series that just go on and on like House of Night and Vampire Academy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. argh, i'm so behind. i did like the first book. glad to hear it stays interesting throughout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.