Saturday, June 20, 2009

Movie Review: Yes Man! & Last Chance Harvey

Yes Man!: Grade: B-

This movie could've been made a lot better, less sex jokes, and more focus on Jim Carrey's change for the better. I liked the idea about how a man can change his life if he wants to. There were just a few too many side tracks along the way. So maybe worth at least one view, but that's about it.

Last Chance Harvey: Grade: B

I was pretty excited about seeing this movie since I love Dustin Hoffman a
nd Emma Thompson...so I was pretty disappointed in this one. It was boring and I didn't feel the chemistry between the two leads, which odd since they had it in "Stranger Than Fiction," so maybe it was the material they had to work with. But it's worth a view just because they're in the movie.

Harvey finds himself in London for his estranged daughter's wedding while simultaneously losing his job. He runs into Kate Walker who's life is also boring with nowhere to go and voila they find love despite the odds! That's it in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on Last Chance Harvey. Very slow and no chemistry. Thankfully it was only from my Netflix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.