Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I Read Horror Year-Round Reading Challenge

Image Source

I always love a good horror book. I've noticed I've been reading more of them throughout the year rather than just during Halloween time. So thankfully, Michelle at Castle Macabre is hosting a brand new horror reading challenge! I'm excited to branch out and find books I normally wouldn't think of based on her prompts. I'm very excited! There are even levels to keep you going from Spooky to Horrifying!!!

I think I'll take a look at some future books that fall into each category. I'd like to read books I own or can borrow from the library and I do not want to pick up a shiny new book that happens to get published this year! (squirrel!) I will update possible reads soon.



My possible prompt list (can change at any time)

  1. The Ascent by Ronald Malfi
  2. Ghost Story by Peter Straub
  3. Bird Box by Josh Malerman
  4. Hide and Seeker by Daka Herman
  5. The Deep by Alma Katsu

  6. The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling...the cover really creeps me out!
  7. Sawkill Girls by Claire LeGrand
  8. Asylum by Madeleine Roux
  9. The Good House by Tananarive Due
  10. The Rust Maidens by Gwedolyn Kiste
  11. The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell
  12. The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Enjoy the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited too! Just went through and got a ton of fun ideas for each challenge. It should be a fantastic horror-reading year if nothing else...lol

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.