A Reading Life...hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict, and also inspired by Lisa at Lit and Life--Life: It Goes On...is a meme where we get to talk about other stuff we're doing in our lives along with reading!
Valentine's Day was last week. It was a lot of fun with Gabe. We successfully threw together a Minecraft party for him for his birthday! So the last couple of weeks have been pretty productive!
Inquiring Minds podcast. This is a new one I just found and it's pretty good. The first episode they talked with one of the few female astronaut's (Marsha Ivins) that have been in space. She's flown 5 space shuttle missions. It was fascinating to hear her stories in space and her views on where the space program should go now.
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children by Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman.
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White.
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan.
- Container Gardening For Dummies by Bill Marken.
- Nick and Tesla's Robot Army Rampage by Bob Pflugfelder and Steve Hockensmith.
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt.
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Movie night with my ladies this weekend. We thought we'd go for something fun and light while we wait out the winter blues. Mamma Mia!
Not much, actually. I don't have broadcast TV so I haven't caught much of the Olympics except for some news stories online here and there.
We did see the Lego Movie for Gabe's birthday, though!
My homemade blackberry liqueur came out magnificent! So I made some really pretty and yummy blackberry bramble shots a couple of weeks ago.
I'll be making nothing super special this week. I'm kind of burned out with Gabe's birthday and Valentine's Day!
Some warmer weather this week. I've been able to get out for some walks and biking with Gabe.
Looking Forward To:
Hiking as the weather warms up!
|Valentine's Day art project! I made red pancakes and layered the toppings with whipped cream, chocolate chips and chocolate syrup. Sparkling cider for Gabe and chocolate wine for the devoted husband and me :)|
|Saturday was the celebration of the birth of Charles Darwin so we headed up to the University of Utah for the afternoon.|
|The Tracy Aviary stopped by to talk about their awesome birds!|
|We rode the train up and back home. Gabe and his friends loved it!|